Monday, March 26, 2007

About Eletoral things on last Saturday

Last Saturday, it was election day in NSW in Australia. I didn't do it because I am not an Australia Citizen, but my husband did. I need to know how to the vote in here so we went to our locat seat. The booth was in a pubilc school, someone was standing at the gate and gave us some pamphlets about the election. This is a new thing for me. In China they have different ways-- if you have a job you can elect in your work place or in your suburb, if you haven't got a job you only do that in your suburb. The situation in China is that one party is in power, so you just choose and tick some person' s name in the list.

1 comment:

rosa ochoa said...

Here everyone has to vote, as you know, voting is compulsory.

I don't think it is compulsory in many other countries, though and I'm not sure of the advantage of asking people who don't know anything about politics or aren't even interested to vote...